Thursday, January 1, 2009

Where to begin???











Oh how time just flies by ever so quickly. A lot has happened around here in the past "almost" month that I haven't been blogging. Shortly after my last post, I was frantically getting ready for Christmas. Our plans changed quickly due to ol mother nature deciding to step in and make the holiday travel interesting. Our plans began with a nice flight home on the Friday before Christmas, just mommy and the girls. With nasty weather looming in the forecast, we got lucky and hopped on a flight out of here with a couple hours notice on Thursday evening. We flew out of Pellston a bit delayed and had a couple of hours to waste in Detroit. We took the red-eye out of Detroit to Minneapolis. Shortly before take off aboard our flight, a youngster in the seat ahead of us got sick and threw up almost the entire flight-yippy! We arrived in the airport to be saved my pink grandma and grandpa-they saved the ever so long day. We went to a hotel and slept like kittens. The next morning we woke up and headed to the big Mall of America. It had been years since we visited there, not too much had changed, still very huge and very crazy. We shopped for a bit and Hope road on some rides in the park. The grandma and I left grandpa with the girls and we went onto the American Doll store, OMG!! What a place, unbelievable to the female eye! I could have spent hours in there with Hope. Spectacular surroundings is all I can say and I can't wait to spend time in there with my girls when they get older. Don't worry, we didn't leave empty handed!
After a blustery trip to my parents, we were finally HOME and ready to relax and start the pre-Christmas festivities. Going to grandma and grandpa's is like spending a week in a huge toy store, toys everywhere and not a minute to lose for play. The girls were basically unheard of from then on, only appeared when they were hungry or tired. We spent some quality time at the house before the everyone else arrived.
Soon everyone was home and Christmas was celebrated like old times. The kids got tons of gifts and we got a very nice video camera-much needed! Thanks to them for another wonderful Christmas. This Christmas had one extra special event, baby Haidyn was baptized at my church while we were home. Since the church up here doesn't baptize until the child is personally ready, we decided we wanted her baptized like her big sister. She was baptized in the company of my whole family and my church-very special.
Christmas was soon over and reality was knocking at the back door. We had to pack up and head for home in Michigan. We left Saturday morning at 6am and after a horrific drive, we finally ended up home at midnight. The rain, fog, sleet-well-basic winter-made the trip a big pain in the butt! It was nice to get home and get settled. Many things were on the plate for the future weeks ahead. I am currently working on major office issues, hiring once again. Our wonderful receptionist is leaving us to move back home with her family due to personal issues up here. We are so bummed and are going to miss her like crazy. If there were only two of me!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a forever 29 year old mother of two beautiful little girls and a very loving wife to my wonderful husband. My family is the most important part of my life. I have the pleasure of not only being a wife to my husband, but also a business partner. I spend my days taking care of my family, my horse farm, and once in a while I try to be a chiropractor.

My Girls

My Girls
Gods Gifts