
For a week or so we have been anxiously awaiting Hope's report card from pre-preschool. I was honestly a nervous mess, maybe because a report card is more or less a direct reflection of Mike and I as parents. So we get her report card and we were not astonished as all. She loves preschool, she listens well, follows directions, yadda-yadda. We knew those just as mush as we knew the few things that Hope got a satisfactory note on, staying on task and doing her best. Why was I nervous, we knew those things too. Now if there were only a handbook that we could flip open and read about how to help her in these two categories. What truly scares me is the realization that Hope is more like me than I thought. Throughout the majority of my teenage years I never really tried my best at school, I was bored and tried to find better things to do that might be of more interest. When I did stay on task and try my best, I did amazing at many things-my college career is one of them.
I am hoping that Mike will help me figure this one out along with many wonderful teachers in the future. Gods knows that I could never take on the challenge of home schooling my own children. I have tried to teach Hope a few little things here and there. I bought a preschool book a few months back and thought it would be fun to teacher her how to start drawing letters and numbers. After about 3.5 minutes I literally closed the book and walked away-better that than losing my mind in front of the poor child. I have no idea how people teach children on a daily basis. I lack patience and that seems to be a serious prerequisite for teaching children. A least I know to stick with being a chiro instead of trying my hand at teaching.
No comments:
Post a Comment