Over the past couple of weeks, our time together as a family has been dwindling. We are being consumed by the new office plans and build out, old office moving, spring clean up and "To Do's", etc. I must admit, I have been getting moderately crabby for the sake of just needing a "tiny" break from the girls. I LOVE them dearly, but after all day every day for over two weeks, while still doing office business, horse work, cleaning, organizing, basic duties, and of course feeding everyone-including our workers, I must admit that I get a little burned out. Truly, they start to drive me a little crazy. So yesterday, Mike packed up the girls in the afternoon and headed for Traverse City on a Hot Tub run. Of course he doesn't go there without catching up with someone, since some of our best friends live there. Anyway, he stopped at Justin and Heather's last night to say Hi and let the girls play. Hope loves to play with their two boys and Haidyn loves to play with their daughter, and secretly try to steal Justin from Jenna. So Mike calls last night and informs me that they are just going to spend the night, "WHAT?" I was going to be alone, no husband and no kids, hummm. Part of the idea was a bit apealing, but I have yet to be away from Haidyn or vice verse since she has been born. I have yet to hear from them this morning to know how the night went. Hopefully she got tuckered out and was swept away into night-night land. Hope on the other hand, barely had time to tell me good night on the phone, she was too busy playing.
I closed everything up last night and jumped in bed to watch some TV. Of course, my night was just beginning. Fancy, my filly, decided to to under the fence into a different pasture, so me-hating going out in the dark. I had to go get her and stall her. Back to bed part two; I just get comfortable and the wind picks up and blows my flowers off the table in the kitchen-up to close those windows, back to bed. Part three, it starts raining and storming, so I get up and close the rest of the windows, minus me bedroom slider-must hear the horses while I sleep if it is nice enough out, back to bed. Part four, the thunder and lightening put my horses into a frenzy which made my dogs go nutts-I finally just threw in the towel-I wasn't going to get any sleep. At some point I must have passed out, because I scared awake from a dream. I was home alone and a bunch of teenagers were out shooting guns in my back yard trying to break in and shoot my horses etc. I am assuming the gun shots were thrunder. I must have been seriously tired. Maybe since my day yesterday was filled with running errands all morning, followed by digging our a pond for the ducks, placing rocks around the pond. Then I went to work on our newest horse stall by digging and placing four fence posts three feet down. After that I simply left for the office to paint until 9:30pm. maybe I was a bit tired.
All-in-all, I didn't care too much for being alone. I like having my girls and even my husband home every night. I miss the rock-a-bye time at night, the snuggling. I especially miss the mornings when eveyone wants to cuddle and be loved. I must admit though, after not having to chase the girls all day, I am feeling pretty rested even for not having a good night sleep. Taking care of kids all day every day is harder than building a pond, a stall, and painting all in one afternoon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Kallie
- I am a forever 29 year old mother of two beautiful little girls and a very loving wife to my wonderful husband. My family is the most important part of my life. I have the pleasure of not only being a wife to my husband, but also a business partner. I spend my days taking care of my family, my horse farm, and once in a while I try to be a chiropractor.
My Girls
Gods Gifts
No comments:
Post a Comment