


It's a sad day for most I think. The world celebrated the life of Michael Jackson and said their goodbyes. As I watched his memorial celebration on television, there were many different thoughts passing through my mind. I remember the days of being a little kid and dancing to his music with my friends. Skating at the local skating rink to his music. Friends Leah DeJong and Michelle Anderson bring back to best Michael Jackson memories. Then I think about my own kids. They will never have known him as the live figure of pop music, the King of Pop. They will have the history given to them like Elvis and myself. Sad really, because had he not been taken so soon, they may have been given the chance to see him alive and well. The mother in me was thinking about his children today. They are at such a distinct age to have such an impact from his death. Michael was the only parent his three kids ever knew and now they are faced with the cruel world that Michael has kept them from and worse, they face a lot of uncertainty to come.
I don't think anyone could deny Michael Jackson's talent, unmatched! He set a precedence that will never be over come. He made so many changes for music and society. It's disturbing to think about the man's life. He was put in the spotlight at the age most kids were playing with tinker toys. Skipped childhood for fame and fortunate. Was raised with an incredibly crazy father that obviously had a very large effect on his life. To look at his pictures of the years, you know without a doubt that he had many personal struggles. Struggles that he didn't ask for and our society has the audacity to create a monster out of him. The man loved music, loved performing, and loved people. We all thought of him as a "great", yet we failed him and all of his good by making his life a battle. Ironically enough, Jesus paid dearly for wanting to teach about Christianity. He faced battles over and over, which in the end he lost his life~but gained so much more. Michael lost his battle~but now I think he is set free and for the first time since infancy, he's content. He has done something for everyone and I think he is a much better place and able to enjoy all that he has done. His days of being ridiculed are finally over. RIP Michael Jackson.
No comments:
Post a Comment