Friday, August 8, 2008

Haidyn's Birth Story

For My Princess Haidyn,

Miss Haidyn was welcomed into this world on Thursday, October 25th, 2007 at 11:53pm. Her birth was an anxiously awaited birth by my parents and by us. We had the awesome surprise of my parents coming to stay with us a week before Haidyn was born. A little birdie had mentioned that they were coming, but I had to see it to believe it. Surprise, they made it and were going to ride out the storm with us. Day after day went by and no baby had joined us in the real world. We were all getting a bit anxious by the time a week had passed and still no baby. Haidyn was comfortable and settled, no need to hurry. It was finally my due date and I was out of patience so I decided to eat spicy mexican food for lunch. By the evening I was feeling a bit out of my sorts, I assumed Haidyn was not enjoying the mexican food all that much.
As I was making a trip to the bathroom, my dad had made the comment that tonight would be good because he wasn't going to wait forever for this baby to come. While in the bathroom, I yelled out to my dad to get his watch ready because he might need to time some contractions. I remember hearing, "well it's about time!" At that moment in time it was 9:30pm, and the excitement started from there. Since Hope's birth was rather fast for a first birth, we knew that calling Kathi, our midwife, was first priority. One the the most memorable moments was Michael calling Kathi's phone and not getting an answer. As he told us that Kathi wasn't answering, my dad turned white and said, "well that's just great." A few minutes later Kathi called back and said she would be on her way. Luckily Kathi was quick to get on her way because Haidyn wasn't going to take things slow. I grabbed our big universal clock and headed for the bathroom. The music was started and I did the birthing dance, back and forth and back and forth. Her labor was excruciating, the contractions were on top of each other and strong as they could be. Within less than two hours, I was moved from the bathroom to the bedroom. There Kathi checked me and told me to take things at my own pace because Miss Haidyn was ready. My dad was sitting in the living room with the television turned up as loud as needed to not hear me, Baby Hope was asleep in our bedroom, my mom had the honors of holding the flashlight for Kathi, Kathi was taking vitals of the baby and I, Mike was holding my hands, and I was in some serious active labor! A little over two hours and Haidyn was on her way out. My mom got to watch the entire birth, how precious to me to know that she watched her granddaughter come into this world. Haidyn arrived safely into this world with Kathi's arms wide open. Kathi gave Haidyn a kiss and handed her to me, mentioning that she was a lot bigger than Hope was at birth. Another girl, a big girl weighing in at 8lbs after two bowel movements and a big bladder release, my guess would have been around 8lbs and a few good ounces. We were honestly so happy to have another girl, Hope has a sister! As I was situated into my own comfy bed, my husband and my daughter Hope, joined Haidyn and I. We sat there as a family, a family of 4.
Haidyn got extra special treatment having a big sister to give her all kinds of warm kisses and a grandma that helped out every second. She is a very lucky little girl to have two sets of grandparents, parents, and a big sister all to love and take care of her.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a forever 29 year old mother of two beautiful little girls and a very loving wife to my wonderful husband. My family is the most important part of my life. I have the pleasure of not only being a wife to my husband, but also a business partner. I spend my days taking care of my family, my horse farm, and once in a while I try to be a chiropractor.

My Girls

My Girls
Gods Gifts