Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hardship



God gives you struggles to make you stronger, right? So am I suppose to be stronger parent some day by having a challenging daughter? Each and every day I do thank God for my children, and I never ask why some days are so hard or better yet why some children are so hard. My little Haidyn is my biggest challenge, I would do just about anything to over come our struggles. She is now almost 10 months old and is the most strong willed child ever. That girl can cry for over an hour, break into a full sweat, and still be dangling her arms off of her crib just waiting to be rescued. Today is our big day you could call it, a day of reckoning. Miss Haidyn refuses to sleep at all in her crib anymore, so I have tried being the peaceful loving mom by rocking her, nursing her, cuddling her, ect-but she rebels, already at 9 months. She refuses to nap basically, but unlike Hope, Haidyn goes bonkers if she doesn't nap. Beings gas prices here are still hovering around $4 a gallon, a ride in the car for peace is a bit spendy. At almost 10 months, we are still waiting to make it through the entire night. The next problem we face is the aggression, are babies actually suppose to have aggression? The girl hits, scratches, screams like no other, and bites, yes she is a biter. So her days of nursing are shortening. Beings she is probably our last, it kills me to not nurse her like I want to, but I have to do what I have to do. Shorty before Miss Haidyn is done nursing, she bites down like she has lock jaw and pulls away, did I mention she has two top teeth and two bottom teeth. There are a few times I have looked down to see if I still have all of my parts... I am nursing her now at night and in the morning, besides that I am trying to supplement during the day. The last few outings with Miss Haidyn have been challenging, she decides when SHE wants to sit and when SHE doesn't, if all does not go her way, she screams and screams and screams. The ironic thing is, when she is happy-she is the happiest baby ever! She giggles like no other little baby I have heard giggle and she plays wonderfully. When it's your child, no matter how challenging they may be, you still love them so very much. She's my mini-world! Bless her little heart...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a forever 29 year old mother of two beautiful little girls and a very loving wife to my wonderful husband. My family is the most important part of my life. I have the pleasure of not only being a wife to my husband, but also a business partner. I spend my days taking care of my family, my horse farm, and once in a while I try to be a chiropractor.

My Girls

My Girls
Gods Gifts