
It has been a good chunk of time since I got to sit down and blog for a moment or two, l
ife has been ever so exciting. We are currently doing a TON of prep work for our roofing weekend that starts tomorrow morning bright and early at 6am. Besides the prep work we are working on transitions around here and they are all basically backfiring on us. Yesterday was the pinnacle of stress. I shall share with you the blissful day of my life right now, not that of my precious princi. A week ago I bought a new pair of running shoes and got back into the grove that I love, jogging! My iphone was on its way, my new shoes were getting worked in, my dogs were getting exercise, I was finally jogging about 2 miles a day. I don't even look at it from a "have to lose the baby weight" perspective cuz God knows I can't drop hardly a pound while nursing (tried-didn't work). I am jogging for my sanity. Time to myself on an open road clearing my head and taking a break-priceless. All this comes to a crumbling stop last night among other notable episodes of insanity. Our neighbor stopped by the other night, late, to let us know that a cougar was seen earlier that evening where-none other than where I jog, literally! The road I job on after I run through the back of our property and down the neighbors 1/2 mile driveway. I was a bit frightened to say the least, but that is not the end of it. We called the neighbor whom witnessed the cat and he proceeded to tell us that the cat was huge, about 220lbs+/-. We call our horse owning neighbors to alert them, and they manage to inform us that 10 of their chickens were killed the night before, killed in the high pine trees where they roost (feathers were 20 feet up). It all basically adds up to make sense, we haven't heard coyotes all summer, haven't seen the regular heard of 20-25 deer pass through the property all summer, and found a dead deer carcass only a couple 100 yards from our property one evening. Not to be gruesome, but the carcass was destroyed! So we have a giant people eating kitty cat in the neighborhood that I am absolutely freaked out about. Bear I can handle, cats-not a chance. This was the icing on by very long day of course. That same day I was living on 2 maybe 3 hours of sleep per night for three consecutive nights due to a young Haidyn not wanting to sleep alone or with us. Also a fun filled day of programming my new iphone which happened to freeze after all my entries so I lost everything. And one last kicker-our receptionist gave us her notice. Like I said-insanity. Currently, I am in desperation of putting on my running shoes, turning on my new iphone, and jogging until I fall over, but not going to happen with a man eating cat. Guess I'll go back to the gym...
No comments:
Post a Comment