Anyone that knows me really well, knows that I have an utter infatuation with hor
"My" other horse is Fancy, short for, Smart Lil Ila. She is my yearling filly, my mothers day present, my girlfriend. When we first brought her home, she was nutts! Craziest young horse I've ever been around for certain. She broke out of our barn, ran through the fence a few times, was untouchable! Today, a lover, the most docile horse we have times 10. She is never in a hurry, loves to be touched and pampered. She too loves to follow you around now. The young girl has brains and she is going to be very interesting to see grow up. Mike's horse is Champ, he is our beautiful paint with more athleticism than we even know what to do with. He is completely finished and incredible under the saddle. His body is built for absolute fun. He was broke by a heavy hand, so he has a bit of a hard time making strong relationships with humans, but he's coming around, and I think he loves it here! Last but not least is our pony, Little Man. Little is he, but a little sweet and sassy too. Hope adores him and can't ride him enough. His training has been a lot of fun and going great.
Today we are heading to the horse sale, not that we will buy anything. As if we need more horses, right? There are two things about the horse sale that is worth writing about. One, it's cheap entertainment as long as you don't feel the need to buy something, especially a horse or two. Secondly, when I was a young girl, we frequented the local horse actions just so I could get my fix on horses, which I have handed down to my oldest daughter. She goes crazy when we tell her that we are headed to the horse sale. Sometimes I wonder what the auctioneers think, there's that young couple bringing there two daughters, wonder why they come, they never buy anything?!?! It's just a part of me I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment