

The world of technology gets more interesting by the day. Today I have been tagged by my friend Lisa, first thought-crap, I need to find time to actually think. Second thought, ahh-how nice-a moment for me. There is only one small problem, I can't pass this tag on because none of my friends have a blog started yet. Many said they are going to start, but I haven't seen anything yet darn it! Anyway, I need to think of six things about me that don't involve my kids.
1.) I have been absolutely horse crazy ever since my daddy threw me up on a horse at the age of two. Now I am currently living the little girl dream of a lifetime.
2.) For years upon years (too many to count) I was in tap, ballet, gymnastics, played the piano and the trumpet.
3.) I have always been a habitual runner. I love to run and used to run six days a week rain or shine since probably the age of 13. Running is a rush for me and my way of getting focused. Since children, it has been terribly difficult to run like the old days.
4) I too did one of those insanely crazy at the moment things like get a tattoo. Shortly after my high school graduation my friends and I headed to the Lakes and got our tattoos. Mine took the longest and was the most difficult, down the side of my ribcage-what the heck was I thinking! Secretly I could get more... I got my belly button pierced later-I won't waste the space talking about that.
5.) The name of our farm has a very special meaning. In August of 1999 Mike and I attended the Palmer Homecoming event as prospective students. During one of the classes, my mom and I noticed him sitting a few rows ahead of us. My mom actually checked him out before me. I must admit, he was THE hottest man I had ever seen! Eleven months later we started the grad program together, same class. We had a fire and ice relationship for quiet sometime before admitting that we were soul-mates. Anyway, that homecoming event was named; Rendezvous With Destiny. I need to mention that I didn't realize Mike was the hottie from the year before due to his buzz cut. We started dating first trimester and finally by third I realized it was him after he grew his hair out ;)
6.) I had the distinct honor of traveling abroad to Fiji with fellow classmates and my future husband-at the time. We spent about three weeks adjusting thousands of Fijians and sightseeing. One of our days off, Mike and I took a day trip to a private island. He decided to go fishing and I laid on the beach. After a couple of hours, I got bored, and jumped in a kayak only to paddle out to sea and retrieve my fiance. That's true love at its finest or maybe the beer...jk The trip was remarkable and we truely hope to do it again someday. I still keep in touch with a young girl that I adjusted there-she thanks me for changing her life.
2 comments:
I've seen your wedding pictures before, but it only just now struck me that you haven't changed ONE BIT.
Also, I've never seen your tattoo!! This is absurd to me, because I feel like I've definitely seen your pregnant belly. ?
Any chance of you wrangling free for coffee without kids this weekend?
heading to east Jordan sledding at noon tomorrow. I can possibly escape first thing in the morning or Sunday after church-facebook or text me
Post a Comment