




Nobody has to tell me that am crazy, I already know it! I put off buying Hope a gift in hopes of finding her something extra special, a kitten. I have been on the lookout for a few weeks trying to find a kitten, and believe me-it is not an east task in the middle of winter. Cats have kittens in the spring, not in the winter darn it. I found many little adds and stopped in at various different humane societies, no luck. Not that I didn't want to save an older cat, but due to my allergies and having young kids, a kitten was the way to go.
Friday, Hope's birthday came, and I still had no present. As a mom I felt bad that I didn't have a present for her, but God knowing, I wasn't pushing myself to go buy something quiet yet. Late that afternoon, a craigslist ad appeared on my phone for a free kitten in Alpena, a bengal kitten-yippy! I emailed the girl and sure enough she was still available. I told her we would be down on Sunday to pick her up.
Saturday, Hope's cousin's Jayla and Adrianna came up with Blue gammie and grandpa for a little party. Our friends Nora and Paul stopped by to say hello, which was a lovely visit I might add. Hope played all day while the adults chatted and worked. Mike and I ran outside for a bit to move a round bale by hand that was frozen to another round bale, wrap a tree to stop the horses from eating it, and split wood. Needless to say, we were worked hard outside! That night we had a nice dinner and sat down for a movie and margaritas for mom and dad. Sunday morning we went to church as a big family and came home to a nice lunch courtesy of me of course (I love to entertain). My menu for the weekend was blissful.
Anyway, back to the kitten. Blue grammie and grandpa left Sunday after lunch and we embarked on a trip across the tip of the state. After a nice quiet 2 hour trip there with children sound asleep in the car, we arrived and picked up the kitty. The trip home was not nearly as quiet. We had a mad kitty for being stuck in a cage, a 4 year old bagging to let her out, and a very curious 14 month old anxious to see what in the heck was making so much noise. I have never in my entire life heard a cat make so much noise. Finally we made it home and released the little critter, she is a fireball! Crazy kitty is the best description for this cat. We named her Sassy, which somehow turned into snotty, but we are really trying to reprogram back to sassy. She happens to be extremely cute and playful, a keeper for sure. I don't know much about her breed, but info has told me that she is a relative of a wild Asian cat. Hopefully she is a ninja huntress! She won't stay an inside cat, at least it is not planned. This spring she will join Princess Kitty and Kitty Posh outside. Hope is totally in love and I couldn't be more happy to have found the present I was longing to get for my daughter on her 4th birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment