Easter happens to be one of my favorite holidays. The weather starts to get a little nicer, the birds are singing, the horses are shedding and playing, even the grass shows signs of life. Isn't it ironic that Easter time brings with it signs of life, and yet the reason we are here is due to the fact that Jesus gave his life for us to live-wow. We watched a video in church last Sunday of the Crucifixion of Christ, and Pastor Ed made such a clear point. You would do anything for your children, including die. I would die for either one of my girls in a heartbeat, without a second thought, Jesus did that for us. So Easter in my heart is ever so special, not all Easter bunnies and candy. It's Christ centered and my girls are understanding that. I was made aware today of why my daughter Hope is at a Christian preschool, she has talked about Jesus dieing on the cross to save us from our sins all week long. She prays at dinner time, and this week she is praying and remembering to say thanks to Jesus for our life and for giving his for us. To listen to your 4 year old daughter talk about Jesus, it feels better than words. When I dropped her off at school today, Mrs. Crawford was a little leary of the candy sitting in Hope's box. She made sure it was ok for Hope to eat a little candy, because Hope usually says she doesn't want candy because it has too much sugar. I assured her that Hope could have candy as long as it is okayed by an adult and she is told that it is ok. Not only that, I asked her to inform Hope that she was getting candy as a reward for talking about the meaning is Easter with us and others. I am proud of my little girl, she is starting to show a lot of confidence as a young lady by saying no to things that might actually be bad for her. Now on the other hand, we do enjoy sweets from time to time and we don't deprive her. We just don't feed her donuts for breakfast, and candy bars for snacks.
Anyway, I did buy the girls a little Easter basket with some toys and a couple little pieces of candy, but the real fun for the girls will be their Easter dresses. My girls love to dress pretty, and they get excited every Sunday for church because they get to put a pretty little dress on and see friends. Unfortunately we will not be traveling to see family this year for Easter, but we do have the opportunity to spend Easter with some dear friends, one of Hope's best friends. We are looking forward to Sunday, and I am sure to have many little Easter pictures posted next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Kallie
- I am a forever 29 year old mother of two beautiful little girls and a very loving wife to my wonderful husband. My family is the most important part of my life. I have the pleasure of not only being a wife to my husband, but also a business partner. I spend my days taking care of my family, my horse farm, and once in a while I try to be a chiropractor.
My Girls
Gods Gifts
1 comment:
Yay! Can't wait to spend Easter with your family, and to see Hope and Haidyn in their Easter dresses. Bring warm clothes for the hunt!
Post a Comment