




Sometimes time just starts to pass you by. We have had tons of excitement these past few days and I can't wait to share it. We just recently picked up our baby chicks for the spring, oh my! Not only did we get 10 baby chickens, but we also have 2 turkeys, 2 ducks, and 4 bantom (mini) chickens. Nothing is as cute as a baby duck I am telling you. I figured now is the time for these cute little critters, my babies are only young once and I probably won't be buying ducks when they are all grown up. What we are going to do with duck-no idea-well maybe one. We need a pond for the little ducks, I am thinking a little pond right off to the side of our new chicken coop will be divine!
Next it even more excitement, the addition of Bailey. I believe in God, I am a Christian, and God is so incredibly cool. While browsing online last week, I happened to notice a horse for sale. I haven't been checking horses out at all lately since I was convinced we had the perfect little herd. Even though our herd is not SO perfect-my little girls could use a well broke horse/pony instead of a non broke youngster. So Back to the story, I opened the add and something in me had to have this horse. He sounded like such a dream. I emailed the owner, then couldn't help but call. Her voicemail went straight to a message regarding the horse, he was being shown the following morning. I was so sad and was praying that the person didn't get him and that the owner would call or email back the following day. We had to travel to Traverse City the next day and I held my phone for the entire trip waiting for an email or phone call, nothing. I think I told my husband 4 or 5 times that I missed out and I am so disappointed. Well, we get into Traverse City and I get the phone call, I got so excited when i saw the number, that I had Michael answer, I am crazy I know. I spoke with the owner, Tracy, for a few minutes about Bailey and my heart was racing, palms sweating, hyperventilation was setting in. We then kept in contact the next couple of days and made arrangements to go down and pick him up. I was an emotional wreck for the entire trip, just as nervous if not more than my wedding day. Bailey was coming from a young girl with a big jumping career ahead of her, unfortunately-Bailey wasn't going to be able to continue jumping. She had the heartbreak of giving up her horse. I can't even being to imagine what she felt like and what she still does feel like. It takes a special girl that is very mature to go through this process. The night before we left I cried to my husband because not one ounce of me wanted to take this young girls horse, but I wanted to give this horse everything I could here with my two girls. I knew the good byes were going to be terribly hard, they were. But I don't feel that I have just gained a horse, I feel like I have gained a couple of good friends, it feels almost family like. Bailey is not just 100% mine, he is hers too and always will be. I vowed to forever keep in touch. I wish Bailey's "down state" family were here to see him today. He has been playing for hours with my horses. Around and around the pasture they go, he looks like he likes here and is enjoying the company of my other horses. We have him on a really good R&R program right now with lots of pampering.
With the addition of Bailey, we are probably going to find our little pony a new home. My girls will be learning on Bailey, so their won't be a lot of time for the pony, and since he is not broke yet, he is young and ready for another family that wishes to break him out. He is too much of a great pony to let him sit around and not get trained. It will be terribly hard to let him go, but I can't be selfish and keep him as a pet. Anyway, I will be posting updates of the family again soon!
2 comments:
Hello, This is sarah. The preivous owner of bailey jo. :) I would like to thank you SO MUCH. I know he is in the best home he could have thanks to you. And i feel so much better he went to you instead of some random, non-caring person. I was also just wondering if you could give my baby boy a big kiss for me, and tell him i miss him. I hope he does wonders for you and your family. thanks for letting me read your messages. they mean a lot to me.
Sarah
Kal, Bailey is beautiful. I can't wait to meet him when we come to visit this summer! I will have to take him for a ride! He couldn't have went to a more loving home. The girls will love him. I can tell he has stollen your heart already. lol mom
Post a Comment