Monday, September 29, 2008
What a great weekend!!
Our weekends are a time for family fun and projects, this weekend couldn't be a better example. For the past few weeks, we have anxiously awaited a horse sale a couple hours south of here, the big semi-annual horse sale with horses, tack, equipment, etc. Friday we interviewed all day for our office position opening, Saturday we played at the horse sale, and Sunday we worked on some much needed projects. Interviews went "ok", can't say I enjoy this part of owning my own business. Saturday the horse sale was a bit less than expected. There were a ton of horses, maybe 500 head of horses, and tons of stuff, but it was somewhat bitter sweet. Shortly after we arrived and wondered the grounds, we found an eighteen wheeler with a livestock trailer loading up horses one after the other. The horses had no clue what was going on really, they were just being pushed and pulled up a steep loading stall. The horses, as told to us, were going to the slaughter in Canada. It broke my heart to see such inhumane treatment to these animals. I have such mixed opinions of the "great horse debate" currently in the US. Anyway, it kind of put a bummer on the day, but the kids did great and we made the most of it. Sunday we played with our new wood stove, which we LOVE and cleaned out the garages. We moved all of the hay to our new tarp shed by the barn and cleared the garage that is attached to the house. That garage is in the process of becoming our gym, we couldn't be more excited. The two vehicles will go out to the other garage and I will have my very own gym! The gym is 400 square feet so we are increasing our living space to 2200 sq ft, yippy! I shall share some new pictures as soon as I can find my camera...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Kallie
- I am a forever 29 year old mother of two beautiful little girls and a very loving wife to my wonderful husband. My family is the most important part of my life. I have the pleasure of not only being a wife to my husband, but also a business partner. I spend my days taking care of my family, my horse farm, and once in a while I try to be a chiropractor.
My Girls
Gods Gifts
2 comments:
Kallie. This horse situation in Canada is weighing heavy on my mind. What can be done? Are there any movements to save these animals?
I honestly don't know what can be done. There are so many politics and so much money involved, the regular Joe hardly has a say. You can't stop all horses from leaving the country b/c many people buy good horses across the boarders and there really is no way to know where exactly the horse is going at the boarder patrol. Very sad for those of us in love with horses...
Post a Comment