Wow, where do I begin? Last Saturday I was blessed with a surprise visit from my parents. They stayed for eight days, which calculates to them leaving us Sunday morning. It is absolute bliss when my parents come to visit. Parents have a special way of helping out a TON! The only down fall, the week they are here seems to be the fastest week ever! We enjoy picking their brains about farm stuff all week, and they are always game to help us out with the farm, office, and kids. Mom and dad were in need of a good chiropractor too, the visit was much needed in many ways.
When they come, they love to spend time with the girls and give Mike and I a little relaxation. Heck, we even went on a date, very well over due I might add. I don't even remember the last date we went on just the two of us, it's usually the four of us. I had forgotten how important dates were until this weekend, parents need them for their relationship and their sanity. Our date was pretty cute and I so need to chat about it. We got all dressed up ready for an exquisite meal and night out together, ALONE. We have been wanting to try a high end restaurant in P-town for quite a long time, but it's a place where kids are definitely not welcome. What do ya know, the place was closed for three weeks for owners vacation time. Next up, hummmm-the 4 star in the casino? We'll give it a try, the try was laughed upon when the menu outside of the restaurant had a small 8 oz steak for $40. I could not justify $40 on a small piece of meat from Michigan when I had a few great steaks in the freezer at home from cow country, real beef. What next, in heels and a black dress, let's hit a sports bar, sit in the corner, have a few drinks, and act like newlyweds! The night was great, we needed a good night out, thanks mom and dad...
Some might think a night out isn't that important, they may not have a baby like mine. My princess Haidyn is a slight handful and thank goodness more people than just us got to witness this. Bless her heart, I love her more than words, but she is my challenge, mostly because she is just like me. The girl is demanding and has absolutely no patience. A challange is more than an understatement with her. She sleeps as light as a feather when she does sleep, and she doesn't enjoy being alone or held when she is tired. There are clearly very few options with her. Many people have a hard time believing that I haven't had a full nights sleep in over a year and a half, my parents now believe me. They went a full week without a full nights sleep and I think they were very ready to high-tail it out of here on Sunday. Hopefully we can get through this slump sometime soon!
So now I am back to reality, my parents are back home in Iowa, Mike is at the office, and I am here at home. The snow has been falling beautifully all morning, we love the snow-so no tears here. Like most crazy mornings, the girls are busy playing and I am tending to them, a sick boston terrier, a horse fence that broke last night, a house in need of TLC from the weekend, and I am eyeing the demo project for our bathroom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Kallie
- I am a forever 29 year old mother of two beautiful little girls and a very loving wife to my wonderful husband. My family is the most important part of my life. I have the pleasure of not only being a wife to my husband, but also a business partner. I spend my days taking care of my family, my horse farm, and once in a while I try to be a chiropractor.
My Girls
Gods Gifts
No comments:
Post a Comment