Saturday, November 29, 2008

O' Chirstmas Tree













As the girls get older, little trips like "buying the perfect Christmas tree" get more and more fun! Hope was so excited to get a tree today, although, she was set on the "baby" trees that were only about two feet tall instead of the big beautiful trees. We headed to Bill's, a friend of ours, to get a tree. Being from Iowa, it wasn't always a traditional thing to have a real tree, up here in Northern Michigan, you just don't have fakes, so over the years I have been learning about Christmas trees. Today I told Bill that I wanted a tree that you could smell from the driveway yet had soft needles. He hooked us up with just the tree. I would love to remember what it was that we bought, something to the ring of con and color. The tree is soft and smells GREAT, like a citrus evergreen tree. It was a perfect fit in the house, minus the fact that she is a plump tree, plump enough to rearrange a few things to just see the TV. The girls and I decorated the tree all afternoon. I imagined that it was going to be super fun, I was a bit mistaken. Hope wanted to hang every ornament herself, and as a vertically challenged little person, many ornaments were hung on the bottom third of the tree. With that said, Haidyn thought all the ornaments were new toys just for her to play with, a game really-Hope hung them and Haidyn pulled them off-yippy! After a splash of hot cocoa and a few treats for the girls, we had a pattern down. Hope hung the ornaments, Haidyn pulled them down, I then rehung them to a realistic level. The tree is up and the decorations are hung beautifully. We are fortunate to have many wonderful ornaments that are so much fun to pull out of the boxes and gaze upon for a minute or two. Mike loves the deer/duck calls and shotgun shells that are illuminated on the tree. Hope adores the princess's on the tree, Haidyn of course loves everything, and I enjoy the many momentous ornaments that mean something special.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Isn't it magical to decorate the tree? What great pictures of your family!

About Me

My photo
I am a forever 29 year old mother of two beautiful little girls and a very loving wife to my wonderful husband. My family is the most important part of my life. I have the pleasure of not only being a wife to my husband, but also a business partner. I spend my days taking care of my family, my horse farm, and once in a while I try to be a chiropractor.

My Girls

My Girls
Gods Gifts