Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tension

In the past few weeks I have been trying to deal with a moderate amount of tension. I love my kids more than anything in this entire world, and I must admit after saying that, they can drive me almost crazy at times! Everyone who knows us, knows that Miss Haidyn is our handful, to say the least. She is needy, loud, fearless, and funny as ever. She can make you laugh at the drop of a hat just being her, but she can also test your nerves. My little princess has pushed the envelope since about birth and just keeps on pushing it. She has a temper like no other baby I have seen, and I am currently trying to learn how to deal with it. Hope is growing up into a wonderful little girl whom is also giving me newly found challenges. She has been the kid that can play on her own for hours and just be content, up until recently. I don't know what has caused the big change, but she has become super needed. She has no interest in playing by herself and wants to play right next to you showing you absolutely everything she is doing, including every brush stoke down her horses manes and tails. If not showing you something every second, then she is pleading with you to watch cartoons or movies. We have never been big on movies or cartoons, only at special times. Since Haidyn has come along, Hope gets to watch a cartoon while Haidyn sleeps or else we can't keep Haidyn to sleep due to the slightest noise Hope makes while doing anything at all. So basically one cartoon in the morning of Mon and Wed-and now she is addicted and won't stop asking. Litterally she will ask every 10 seconds until I am ready to scream, and I end up threatening her with going to bed. (timeouts don't work for her, she actually likes them I think) Somehow or another, this past week, Hope has decided she can disapline her sister herself, last night she bit her sisters finger to stop her from grabbing something-who is this little girl and where did you put my Hope??? I guess kids go through changes and grow up and we as parents need to learn how to aproach these changes and make the most of them. Too bad there isn't a book with all of the simplest answers for each kid on earth. Our real need is too just get outside and play darn it! Not likely in -10 degree weather these days!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a forever 29 year old mother of two beautiful little girls and a very loving wife to my wonderful husband. My family is the most important part of my life. I have the pleasure of not only being a wife to my husband, but also a business partner. I spend my days taking care of my family, my horse farm, and once in a while I try to be a chiropractor.

My Girls

My Girls
Gods Gifts