Not to many weekends can match up to this one. Friday morning we had a great morning at work followed by a nice afternoon getting a fun project started outside. This was the weekend to get a new chicken coop built due to the tight quarters of the old one. The old coop wasn't cutting it and the poor chickens were most likely as miserable as we were to go in there. So we bought some framing and went to work.
Saturday was a very sad day, we attended a funeral of a friend. We did not know the deceased as well as we do her brother and his family, but this did not make it any easier. Our dear friends had to say good bye to a loved one this weekend after a terrible struggle with cancer. Beckie was diagnosed with Malignant Melanoma less than six months ago and spent the last four months in the hospital. As a mother and a daughter, this funeral was especially hard on me. During the funeral, a slide show was showing pictures of Becky as a baby, young girl, new wife, mother, and friend. My heart broke for her parents, whom sat there weeping for the loss of their daughter. The mere thought of letting go of one of my daughters is devastating. Then the thought of these boys living the rest of their lives without their mother. Her sons are just entering the most precious times in their lives, finishing college, getting married, starting a family.... I cried the entire funeral, before it and after it too. I wanted to run out of the church and grab my girls, squeeze them and tell them how much I love them. As a Christian I am suppose to accept the thought of letting a loved one leave earth and be welcomed into heaven for eternity, but it is so darn hard. Please God, I never want to bury my children nor do I want my parents to have to bury me. The pain, my goodness the pain and sorrow.
With that said, we got to end the weekend on a happier note. We spent the rest of Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon finishing our coop and our chickens are tucked in with new fresh and roomy surroundings. And the most delightful part of the weekend came this evening. We just got home from celebrating new life with wonderful friends. A family-fun-filled baby shower celebrating the new baby to be. Nothing is more beautiful than a smiling pregnant woman, and was saw lots of great smiles. Jessica is beautiful and glowing from top to bottom and from front to back :). With a month to go, she looked fantastic, and mom and dad looked pretty proud and delighted too. Congrats to them and we look forward to celebrating that new baby's arrival soon!
It's so amazing that we can be so blessed to have the ability to have precious children. I talked with an old friend tonight and felt a bit of her pain as she talked about not being able to have more children. She has two boys and they have tried for the past four years to have more. After a miscarriage, fertility treatments, and more miscarriages she and her husband have decided to stop trying and live life to the fullest with two children. The reason I mention this is because I learned something tonight about myself. I am done telling people that we are done having children and two is PLENTY. I am eternally grateful for my two girls and though we are most likely not going to TRY for any more children, I will whole-heartedly embrace having another baby if that is what God has intended for us. I have never thought of it being mildly hurtful to someone telling them that we are totally done having kids when they have tried so hard for babies. Anyway tomorrow is Monday and I am looking forward to a new and fresh week. I can't say that my blogging will keep up these days due to an electical issue with our new computer, but I will try my best... Goodnight
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Kallie
- I am a forever 29 year old mother of two beautiful little girls and a very loving wife to my wonderful husband. My family is the most important part of my life. I have the pleasure of not only being a wife to my husband, but also a business partner. I spend my days taking care of my family, my horse farm, and once in a while I try to be a chiropractor.
My Girls
Gods Gifts
No comments:
Post a Comment