Saturday, March 21, 2009
Moving on up
Very rarely do I talk a whole lot of business on my blog, but that seems to be the only "big" buzz we have these days. I've mentioned a few notes here and there about being busy with office plans, but today I will elaborate a bit more. Mike and opened our office exactly five years ago this spring, wow how time flies. For two of the last five years we have been terribly cramped, the office, the parking, the massage therapist space, everything basically. We have honestly been looking for the past two years to move, we have had numerous appointments with various realtor's and landlords looking for just the right space. We have a lot of factors we needed to fulfill before we could make the plunge. It just so happened one day after dropping Hope off at school, Miss Haidyn and I went for a drive around town on the look. We found some open space in a nearby plaza and called immediately. The owner was actually on his way up from downstate and we saw the space within the next couple of hours. It is HUGE! We are currently in a single standing building of about 800sq ft on the worst curve probably in town. Nobody knows where we are at and we have been there for 5 years. Not only that, when we are closed or have just one patient in for an exam/x-ray for about 30-45 minutes-maybe and hour, we look slow-not that many probably even notice due to our location. Anyway, we are in love and ready to make the plunge into the new office. The lease details have been ironed out, now we just need to sign and date the lease. The space is incredible, 3166 sq ft of SPACE! The last tenant hired a professional painter to paint a particularly beautiful design on the walls, the trim is all painted crown molding, with accents of beautiful ceramic pillars throughout. The office is already set up with an abundance of single office spaces, some will stay, others will be pulled out. Nicely enough, the walls are basically temporary and not attached to the high ceilings. We will be in shortly and working on pulling out the middle section of the office for an open adjusting and therapy area. We will hire someone for the build out of the x-ray room and new carpet has to be laid throughout. With this much space we are excited to have in house classes and speaking engagements. We are currently looking for additional health care professionals to help fill the space. Our plans are to find massage therapists, a naturalpath, we would love a physical therapist, nutritionist, dietitican, midwife/doula, etc. We have plenty of room and office spaces already set up for a variety of professionals to share the space. We have talked about a possibly a day spa in parts of the office, or a small gym with pilate's or yoga classes. We are open to so many options. The excitement is almost overwhelming at times, I have had good dreams and nightmares, basically it is all we think and talk about all day. I will soon be joining the practice with the new adventure and that gives me a bitter sweet feeling. I have been home with the girls for 4 years now, with part-time work at the office, more so with one baby before two. Now we are going to be structuring the hours to accommodate both Mike and I being there. So far we are going to have Mike cover the mornings, me the long lunch hours, and Mike the afternoons on Monday through Thursday, then both of us work together on Fridays for only the morning hours. That will give me about 16 hours in a week for sure, than any additional hours I put in as the office manager beyond being in practice. I am excited to see patients regularly again, I am a bit scared to change up the family schedule so much. It scares me to think that the girls will both be in school all day sooner than what i want to think and feel. I love spending my time with them, they are absolute joys (most of the time)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Kallie
- I am a forever 29 year old mother of two beautiful little girls and a very loving wife to my wonderful husband. My family is the most important part of my life. I have the pleasure of not only being a wife to my husband, but also a business partner. I spend my days taking care of my family, my horse farm, and once in a while I try to be a chiropractor.
My Girls
Gods Gifts
1 comment:
Sounds like quite the project! We are happy for you and wish you well! God Bless this new move.
Post a Comment