Once upon a time there was a little girl born into this world with horse-love running through her veins. She had horse briefly as a little girl, then spent the rest of her childhood and young adult life trying to find anything that would help her get a quick horse fix. She graduated high school, then college, then graduate school. Soon she was out in the real world excited to some day own her a house and some land. At the age of 27 her dreams came true, she had her career, husband, daughter, home, and yes-horses! That little girl is obviously me. I jumped into the horse world as fast as I could and haven't looked back since. I now have two daughters as horse crazy as I am and four horses-family complete....
Anyway, I decided to do a little something for myself recently, I started taking dressage lessons at a riding stable nearby. I grew up western and I have the ability to care for and ride my horses, there is just so much more I need to know. Dressage has been incredible, I have learned to really feel my horse underneath me, move with him, and direct him all from my seat-no reins. I am learning my leg ques and my body positioning, stuff I never really thought much about. I have always had a natural seat, but I overlooked the many inportant things that are a necessity to being a GREAT rider. I will always love western and enjoy my many years of trail riding, God willing. But I also love dressage and plan to really start working on my dressage hobby. Unless you are one of those fortunate people to have horses in your blood, you may not understand my uncontainable excitement about all of this. Next in line is Hope, she will be taking lessons here from mom and dad all summer on her little pony, Little Man. Haidyn will be shortly behind her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Kallie
- I am a forever 29 year old mother of two beautiful little girls and a very loving wife to my wonderful husband. My family is the most important part of my life. I have the pleasure of not only being a wife to my husband, but also a business partner. I spend my days taking care of my family, my horse farm, and once in a while I try to be a chiropractor.
My Girls
Gods Gifts
No comments:
Post a Comment